1. Stir butter and whipping cream in a medium saucepan set over low heat until butter is melted and small bubbles appear at the edge of the pan. Remove from the heat; immediately add white chocolate chips, whisking until smooth. Stir in orange extract (optional).
2. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until firm enough to roll. Line baking sheets or trays with wax paper. Scoop 1 tsp (5 mL) portions and gently roll into a ball. Immediately roll in coconut to coat and place on prepared sheets. Repeat until chocolate mixture is used up (re-chill mixture as needed if it gets too soft to roll).
3. Chill balls for at least 1 1/2 hours or until firm. (Balls can be layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container and reserved in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.) Serve chilled. Makes 2 dozen truffles.
Tip - For tinted coconut: 1. Dilute food colouring in water (20 drops +/- in 2 tbsp (30 mL) water).
2. Put coconut in bag and add dye water, shake/massage until well dispersed.
3. Dry on a baking sheet in a low oven (200ºF/100ºC) for 2 hours and allow to cool in the oven, or leave to air dry.
Tip - For toasted coconut: • For toasted coconut, spread 1 cup (250 mL) flaked coconut in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast, stirring occasionally, in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?