HERSHEY'S ESPECIALLY DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES (recipe follows)
5 1/4 cups
homemade vanilla frosting* or about 3 cans (16 oz./454 g each) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting (1 L plus 310 mL)
strawberries about 1 inch (2.5 cm) high
1. Prepare HERSHEY'S "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES and vanilla frosting.
Wash, dry and hull strawberries; set aside.
2. Cut tops off cupcakes, if needed, to make a flat surface; save tops for another use. Place frosting in pastry bag with piping tip. Pipe about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) frosting on top of each cupcake.
3. Place strawberry with pointed end up on top of each cupcake. Add dot of frosting to top of strawberry peak. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. For best results, use within 24 hours of assembly.
Makes 36 Santa hat cupcakes.
HERSHEY'S "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
2 cups sugar (500 mL)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (425 mL)
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
1-1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
1-1/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
1 tsp salt (5 mL)
1 cup milk (250 mL)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (125 mL)
2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
1 cup boiling water (250 mL)
1 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 36 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches/6.5 cm in diameter) with foil or paper baking cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill each cup about half full with batter.
3. Bake 10 minutes; carefully sprinkle 10 to 12 (about 1 teaspoon/5 mL) chocolate chips on top of each cupcake. Continue baking an additional 15 to 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 36 cupcakes.
Tip: Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping can be substituted for vanilla frosting. Assemble cupcakes just before serving.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?