1. Line 13x9x2-inch (33.23.5-cm) pan with foil, extending foil beyond pan edges.
2. Place chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Pour melted chocolate into prepared pan, tilting so that chocolate covers entire pan bottom. Gently tap pan on countertop to even out thickness of chocolate. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
3. Place white chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Melt, following same procedure used for chocolate chips.
4. Set aside about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) crushed peppermint candies; stir remaining crushed candy pieces into melted white chocolate. Drop peppermint mixture by tablespoons onto chocolate layer in pan. Carefully spread over surface, gently tapping pan on countertop to even out thickness. Sprinkle reserved peppermint pieces over surface.
5. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place.
Makes about 1-1/2 pounds (675 g) candy.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?