shortening (do not use butter, margaine, spread or oil) ( 15 mL)
round, buttery crackers
finely chopped salted peanuts ( (125 mL))
1. Line trays or cookie sheets with wax paper. Remove wrappers from chocolate bars. Break 3 bars into pieces along bar sections; set aside.
2. Coarsely chop or break remaining 5 bars into small pieces; place in deep, small microwave-safe bowl (such as 1 cup (250 mL) glass measuring cup) with shortening. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Drop crackers into chocolate mixture, one at a time. Using fork, push cracker into chocolate so that it is covered completely. Remove from chocolate, tapping fork lightly on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Immediately press flat side of one chocolate bar section in center of cracker; sprinkle chopped nuts around edges. Repeat until all crackers are coated. (If chocolate mixture cools* and coating becomes difficult, microwave at MEDIUM 10 to 15 seconds; stir.)
4. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens (about 20 minutes). For best results, store tightly covered in refrigerator. About 30 medallions.
* Place container with melted chocolate in bowl filled with about 1 inch (2.5 cm) warm water to help keep the chocolate fluid longer. Be careful not to allow any water to get into the chocolate mixture.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?