2. Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Take out and stir. Continue to cook on for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between each, until chocolate is smooth.
3. Drop about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner reserving ¼ of it in the bowl for the tops. Use a pasty brush or small paintbrush to "paint" the melted chocolate onto the bottom of the cupcake wrapper, and up the sides (only go about ⅔ of the way up the wrappers, not all the way to the top). Place muffin tin in the freezer.
4. In another microwave safe bowl combine sea salt caramel chips and corn syrup. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and then stir. Continue to cook on high for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between each until smooth.
5. Remove muffin tin from freezer. Pour caramel into chocolate cups until about ⅔ full. Return to the freezer for about 5 minutes.
6. Remove muffin tin from freezer again. Spoon and smooth remaining melted chocolate over the top of the caramel being sure to cover all of the caramel. Sprinkle with the flaked salt. Return to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove muffin tin from freezer. Carefully peel away the cupcake wrappers from the chocolate cups. Store chilled (in the fridge) or at room temperature in an airtight container.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?